Cheese Filled Kalabasa Balls

Finally on my 3rd recipe to kalabasa (squash) is my sons favorite. Cheese filled kalabasa balls. They munch it with delight in their afternoon snack. And even requested for more. 


Here are the ingredients:




  • 4 cups mashed squash with butter (2 tbsp)
  • egg for coating
  • panko breadcrumbs
  • cubed cheese
  • your choice of spices - basil & parsley
  • salt and pepper to taste



First, steam the squash for about 5 minutes and then mashed in a separate bowl with butter and add salt and pepper to taste. Let it cool and then form it into balls. Fill it with cheese cubes. Drench it in an egg mixture - I just added parsley, basil, salt, and pepper to the beaten egg. Then coat it with breadcrumbs. You have the option to deep fry it but I choose the air fryer so I used less oil. I just simply sprayed it with oil spray and put it in the air fryer for 15 minutes turning it halfway. Healthier and more convenient. Served with your choice of dip. And lots of love.

Comments