Ube and Cassava Cake



I wanted to cook my frozen ube and cassava in the freezer so I decided why not combine them in a cassava cake recipe. I am glad I did as it turns out to be really good. 

Here are the ingredients:

1 pack grated ube
1 pack grated cassava
1 1/2/ cans coconut milk
1/2 can evaporated milk
1/2 can condensed milk
1/4 cup sugar
2 eggs
1/4 cup melted butter
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 cup flour - I ended up adding flour because it was too watery but it turns out good anyway.

For toppings:
1/2 can coconut milk
1/2 can evaporated milk
1/2 can condense milk
Young coconut string
Cheese



Simple mix all the ingredients (except for the toppings). I decided to use the mixer because I feel that it needs that little power to mash the grated ube and cassava more and it helps to incorporate the mixture better. Transfer the mixture in a greased baking dish and bake in 350 degrees for 20 to 25 minutes. Make the toothpick test to know if it is done. Meanwhile for toppings, put the remaining liquid ingredients in a small pan and let it simmer for 10 minutes until a little sticky. Remove the cake from oven and add the liquid toppings and the young coconut strips plus added cheese. Put it back in the oven but this time crank the heat to 450 degrees and broil for 3 to 5 minutes. Monitor it closely that it won't burn but just enough to brown the top.

Serve with love.   

Comments