LUNCH for FIVE: Meatballs in Spaghetti Squash with Bell Peppers & Edamame

Today marks the first official Monday of the school year and it only means one thing. It's back to making lunches for the not so cute (anymore) hungry bunches. Even when I have 2, almost adults and one teen, I still enjoy preparing them a special lunch. So here's the kick-off lunch for this school year. 

For Spaghetti Squash;

1 Squash cut in half drizzled with olive oil, salt, and pepper. Baked in 350C for about 20-30 minutes. You know it's done when it easily falls off when scraped with a fork to form into a spaghetti-like look. I seasoned it with 1 1/2 tsp garlic powder, 1 tsp dried basil and about a tbsp of butter plus salt and pepper to taste. 

I am not going to lie, the meatball is store bought from IKEA. We like them. Just place it in the oven for 30 minutes and your work is done. 

I then added sliced of fresh bell peppers and steamed edamame for the sides. 


I usually take my breakfast to work as I have to leave super early so I made my own Overnight Chia & Oats. Just simply stash the two in the small container with Almond milk and a little honey. Garnished with fruits. Viola! its healthy breakfast for me. For the rest of the family, they usually do their own breakfast in the morning so that's the least of my worry.


Simple, fast and easy. Serve with love.


Comments